Thursday 29 January 2015

Black & White Plus1


A while back in CyberArts class, our teacher gave us a task to do. We had to make a Black and White Plus 1 picture using Adobe Photoshop.

In the beginning of the year our class went out to the school's garden and started taking photos of what looked interesting to us. After that we came back o the classroom and uploaded the photos. I took a lot of photos but we only had to chose 10 for a blog review ( which I will also post) and take one from the 10 and start creating our Black and White Plus 1 picture.

It was hard to chose just one photo to transform it to a new photo. But I ended up choosing this photo. In the beginning this picture was a bright orange with a dull green colour in the background. To make it black and white I used the greyscale filter. The black and white still looked a little dull and it didn't have enough contrast so what I did is I stared playing around with the levels to darken up the darks and brighten up the lights. When I liked how the black and white turned out I finally got to work on the plus one. Hmm I wonder what the plus one means.... I'm kidding with all of you. For my plus one ( which is adding colour) I made the flower have colour because the flower is the main vocal point of the photo. I coloured it and filled it in. It originally was just orange. I like having vibrant colours in my art work so I played with the colour pallet and it just make the orange more vibrant. The I discover that if I went beyond the flower it turned into a bright eye catching magenta. That's basically all I had to do.

So making this photo was challenging but fun to do. I hope you enjoyed this piece of art :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment